Subject: RE: SS2 with working serial console?
To: 'Jon Lindgren ' <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: James Graham <greywolf@captech.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/02/1999 08:07:02

#From: Jon Lindgren
#To: Jens-Uwe Walther
#Cc: bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr; port-sparc@netbsd.org
#Sent: 11/2/99 4:34 AM
#
#Yeah - I was kind of hoping for "eeprom --prom-version" or such.  That
#way
#I could telnet in and get the info, as opposed to having to be at the
#console and interrupt my system.  Either that, or perhaps capturing the
#banner and boot messages in the dmesg buffer (AFAIK port-alpha does
#this,
#although that's probably due to hardware support).

If you've updated your /etc/rc, there should be a line in there somewhere
which reads:

	dmesg - > /var/log/dmesg.boot

If it isn't there, you should update your /etc/rc.

But I don't think that the banner shows up in the boot messages.

#
#-Jon Lindgren
# "Now new and improved!  No markup!  Hypoalergenic!"