Subject: Re: SS2 with working serial console?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/02/1999 07:34:00
On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Jon Lindgren wrote:

> A quick poll: does anyone out there have an SS2 which will boot to the
> serial console without kernel modifications?  I't seems that
> port-sparc/7409 is PROM version dependant... so if anyone has a PROM
> version that works, could you please shout out?  I'd like to throw it
> towards the FAQ for future reference.

My SS2, ROM Rev. 2.4.1, works without a hitch using either a VT320 or
laptop w/crossover cable as console.

NetBSD 1.4.1 (SS2) #1: Sat Sep 25 08:14:33 EDT 1999
    root@ss2:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/SS2

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org> | All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,       | claimed they were one and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.     | pointed to someone better.