Subject: Re: a silly question
To: Erin Corliss <ecorliss@coffee.corliss.net>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/1999 17:34:15
I netbooted the first time.  Then for upgrading, I made a non-bootable
CD-ROM with all the binaries on it, booted from the hard drive and
installed.

I think you can make a bootable CD-rom, but I don't know how.  I've also
heard that Sun did something wierd so you can't boot from a CD-ROM unless
its a _sun_ cd drive.  Someone please correct me if I got this wrong!

I'd just scrape up a crossover cable.  They're pretty cheap and its nice
to have.

-Dan