Subject: Re: SS10 / -current problem - more details
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/1999 12:04:58
On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, der Mouse wrote:

# I'd happily trade it for text of the colors I specified in the kernel
# config. :-)  (I suppose in this respect we're no worse off than SunOS,
# which also uses whatever happens to be lying around in the colormap.)
#
# Oh, for docs...there's no reason in principle wscons on the cgsix
# couldn't use the GX hardware; it just needs documentation.  (If the
# doco is available and it just needs someone to sit down and code it,
# well, tell me where I can get the docs! :)
#
# > Is there a way to replace that nice neat little 256-colour image with
# > a different one?
#
# Yes; I've seen it done.
#
# There are presumably the oem-logo and oem-logo? nvram properties.
# Unfortunately their format is not documented AFAIK (presumably unless
# you're an OEM).  Poking around with see in the "banner" word might do
# something useful.

The only thing I've ever been able to do is to load a sun rasterimage
with two colors (i.e. a bitmap).  I have yet to be able to load an actual
256-color image, or even more than a bitmap.

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:
	"Just click on the START button and your journey to the Dark Side