Subject: Re: SS10 / -current problem - more details
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/1999 11:43:49
> I end up with white text on a salmon-coloured background.

I usually end up with salmon text on a white background.

>>> 3.  Mouse:  Have you loaded the fast console eeprom config?
>> use-nvramrc? is set false and nvramrc is empty, so I guess not. :-)
>> Does this fix the weirded-out-console problem?
> No, but it makes console output one helluva lot faster.  I didn't
> realise that the console problem existed on the slow console as well.

> If you load this patch and set the term-type to sun-ss5, you will
> have output much faster than RASTERCONSOLE can deliver on a cg6.

But I'll also be stuck with gallant.r.19.  One of the main benefits of
RASTERCONSOLE for me is that I get a decently small font.
(gallant.r.19 is fine for some things, but for most console purposes I
find it just a waste of screen space.  With FIXED6x13, I get a 192x69
console, which is much preferable to the 80x34 console I get with
GALLANT12x22.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca