Subject: Re: SS10 / -current problem - more details
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/1999 08:18:52
On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, der Mouse wrote:

# >> [IPX...cgsix...on exiting vi it went bonkers...]
#
# > 1.  I noticed the colormap problem as well.  I think the kernel will
# >     need to install one.
#
# You mean it doesn't?  IMO that definitely needs to be fixed; if I
# configure my kernel with
#
# options 	RASTERCONSOLE
# options 	RASTERCONSOLE_FGCOL=WSCOL_WHITE
# options 	RASTERCONSOLE_BGCOL=WSCOL_BLACK
#
# it seems to me the kernel should do whatever is necessary to get me
# white text on a black field when using the console.

I end up with white text on a salmon-coloured background.

#
# > 3.  Mouse:  Have you loaded the fast console eeprom config?
#
# use-nvramrc? is set false and nvramrc is empty, so I guess not. :-)
# Does this fix the weirded-out-console problem?

No, but it makes console output one helluva lot faster.  I didn't realise
that the console problem existed on the slow console as well.

If you load this patch and set the term-type to sun-ss5, you will have
output much faster than RASTERCONSOLE can deliver on a cg6.

# 					der Mouse
#
# 			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
# 		     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B

Here, take this and call me in the morning.

#! /bin/sh -
eeprom 'nvramrc=probe-all install-console
ramforth
: cache-page dup pgmap@ cacheable swap pgmap! ;
up@ cache-page
here origin do i cache-page pagesize +loop
banner'
eeprom 'use-nvramrc?=true'
exit 0

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:
	"Just click on the START button and your journey to the Dark Side