Subject: Re: SS10 / -current problem - more details
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/1999 10:20:42
>> [IPX...cgsix...on exiting vi it went bonkers...]

>> I built and booted a RASTERCONSOLE-emabled kernel and have had no
>> further problems.  (Well, none of that sort; I do have a problem
>> with the colormap, but I haven't yet investigated enough to feel it
>> worth sending a note out about it.)

> 1.  I noticed the colormap problem as well.  I think the kernel will
>     need to install one.

You mean it doesn't?  IMO that definitely needs to be fixed; if I
configure my kernel with

options 	RASTERCONSOLE
options 	RASTERCONSOLE_FGCOL=WSCOL_WHITE
options 	RASTERCONSOLE_BGCOL=WSCOL_BLACK

it seems to me the kernel should do whatever is necessary to get me
white text on a black field when using the console.

> 3.  Mouse:  Have you loaded the fast console eeprom config?

use-nvramrc? is set false and nvramrc is empty, so I guess not. :-)
Does this fix the weirded-out-console problem?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca