Subject: Solaris (2.6) emulation on tadpole (-current)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Giorgio Richelli <giorgio.richelli@italy.sun.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/1999 10:01:57
Hi all,
I am trying to convince a tadpole (3TX) to successfully run solaris
binaries.
I setup everything as indicated in the manpage (compat_svr4), fetching
the shared libraries from machines running solaris 2.5.1, 2.6 and 7.
The best setup seems to be 2.6, where I am able to run some simple
binaries (such as ls).
On most of the other executables, however, the first run of anything
corrupted or truncated.
Then, on subsequent attempts, the message complain about the library
being of an unknown type.

A ktruss indicates that the program exits after mmapping the library,
but the return value from the syscall seems reasonable (and the same
returned on a successful execution of a solaris "ls").

Any idea?
Thanks in advance,
g.

--