Subject: Re: memory testing?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/20/1999 10:21:20
Hi Simon,

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> Thanks, test /memory did indeed show up problems with one of the
> simms.  Reseating it so far appears to have made the problem go away.
> Everything appears to work and test /memory no longer complains.

it may not be.... are you testing the whole memory, or just a subset... I
forgot to tell you that's configurable in the boot-prompt. I haven't got a
sparc here, but you can ask by `help diag' and `show-params' (it's in the
configuration section).... I guess the SIMM is broken/wrong type. My SLC
is very picky ...

Sucess

Reinoud