Subject: two questions
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mbw@ee.cornell.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/13/1999 10:48:44
Howdy,

I have a sparcprinter that I'm trying to hook up.  I've got the correct
card (with the lpvi port).  I figured out the magic line to include in the
config file to add bpp to my kernel (it wasn't in the GENERIC config for
the 1.4.1 sources).  I rebooted, and my kernel doesn't detect the lpvi
port:
SUNW,lpvi at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x300000 level 13 not configured
bpp1 at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x200000 level 3: rev esc

Is there any way to talk to my sparcprinter?

The second question is about zoularis.  It's a cool idea, but I can't get
it to compile.  This is on Solaris 2.6 with the NetBSD 1.4.1 sources.  I
cleared enough space and extracted src.tgz and syssrc.tgz, set up the
Makefile.inc, and it gets partway through the compilation:

Making directories
Substituting for machine type
Building and installing make
cc -DTARGET_MACHINE=\"sparc\"  -DTARGET_MACHINE_ARCH=\"sparc\" -DMACHINE=\"spar
[...]
/usr/ucb/install -c -m 444 /emul/netbsd/usr/src/sys/sys/queue.h
/emul/netbsd/include/sys/queue.h
make: don't know how to make /emul/netbsd/usr/src/sys/sys/bswap.h. Stop
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  -- MW