Subject: SBUs Ethernet card problem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jens-Uwe Walther <Jens-Uwe.Walther@force.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/13/1999 11:41:01
Hi,

I 've got a problem using NetBSD with a SBUS card with BNC and AUI connector as
a second interface even if it detects the card.

ledma0 at sbus0 slot 5 offset 0x8400010: rev 2
le0 at ledma0 slot 5 offset 0x8c00000 level 6: address 00:80:42:0b:3c:90
le0: 8 receive buffers, 2 transmit buffers
le1 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0xc00000 level 7: address 00:80:42:0b:3c:90
le1: 8 receive buffers, 2 transmit buffers

Setup proposed the 10Base5 as only availanle media type and then the follwing
error message occurs:

controller failed to initialize

The same happens on OpenBSD but Solaris has no problems with these setting (i.e.
I can use this SS5 with the onboard and the SBUS card ethernet).
By the way: It is possible to assign another MAC address to the second interface
(if it works :-)) because our switches get problems having the same HW address
on two switch ports.

Any help will be appreciated.

Uwe Walther