Subject: Re: marketing NetBSD to the old SunOS crowd
To: None <fair@clock.org>
From: None <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/1999 10:09:59
On 31 Aug, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> So, if we were going to put together an article/web page/etc that compares
> and contrasts SunOS 4.1.4 (the last one, AFAIK) and NetBSD 1.4.1, what
> would we say? How are we better?

What we need is to show how similar NetBSD is, how easy it is to
upgrade, and how much more reliable NetBSD is. Of course we have to
make sure that it is all those things first ;-) I have a friend who is
a SunOS 4 die hard. It is what he understands, and I think it is some
sort of security blanket for him.

> 	thinking out loud,

You'll want to stop doing that. Next thing you know you'll be having
ideas and then your foot will fall off.

Cheers
--
Lloyd Parkes, Network Manager, School of Earth Sciences
Victoria University of Wellington