Subject: Bad mouse + keyboard troubles
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/29/1999 15:26:31
Hi folks,

I've tried several mice and and even several keyboard combinations, but my
mouse just isn't working in my own NetBSD kernel with "ms0 at zs1 channel
1". The keyboard works fine and the led in the mouse too. It I cat
/dev/kbd I get lots of serial stuff, but if I cat /dev/mouse, I get
nothing..... nothing I can see. It's the standard 3 button sun mouse (Sun
370-1170-01). Can the second serial channel of zs1 be broken??

Also my keyboard is generating strange key-sequences when I use the
cursor-keys. Only `pine' onderstands these but pico, bash, vi etc. don't.
I've got a type 4 keyboard and my terminaltype is `sun'....

Cheers,

Reinoud