Subject: RE: Network Interface
To: Craig Beasland <craig@hotmix.com.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/24/1999 23:03:36
	Your NVRAM is dead, and your ethernet address has been set to
	'all ones', which coincidently is the ethernet broadcast address.
	SunOS and early version of NetBSD use this value without testing,
	which, although convenient in some cases, is Just Plain Wrong.

	You will need to plug in some values using the PROM - see
	http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

	(This is cc'ed to www@netbsd.org, to be added to the NetBSD/sparc
	FAQ on www.netbsd.org :)

		David/absolute

 -=-  "I know its not the right thing, and I know its not the good thing"  -=-