Subject: SysInst fix?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <bruce.a.lane@boeing.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/24/1999 10:10:16
NOTE: I'm sending this from work since it's convenient. ;-) Please address
replies either to the list or my usual addy of kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com

-=-=-=-

During the install of 1.4 I tried last week on a SPARCClassic, I noticed
that using sysinst results in the root directory getting filled up really
quick.

However, during a manual install, where I mounted /dev/sd0a to /mnt (for
the root), created the new directory /mnt/usr, and then mounted /dev/sd0g
to /mnt/usr, I was able to manually copy and install the sets without using
up more than about half my root partition (sd0a) space (about 17 or so megs
got used).

Does the sysinst in 1.4 have a problem where it does not correctly mount
the drive partitions, or did I screw something up in accepting sysinst's
defaults for partitioning?

If it is a bug, does 1.4.1 correct it? The notations in CHANGES were not
that clear to me.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: The views expressed are mine alone, and do NOT necessarily represent
the views of the Boeing Company, its management or employees.
Bruce Lane, Boeing Aircraft & Missiles, PWSSG Computing
DC Campus, 9-98.2, Col. N11  (206) 655-8996
laneb@bcstec.ca.boeing.com OR http://bcstec.ca.boeing.com/~laneb