Subject: Re: Network Interface
To: None <craig@hotmix.com.au>
From: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/24/1999 13:59:15
> I would like to know what sort of Media type I need to choose.

I think this is a bug in the installation if you have a machine where
there is no media type to choose from because ifconfig in that case
will fail. The workaround is to exit to a shell and do a manual
ifconfig and then start the install again. Unmount any filesystems
that were mounted during the unsuccessful install.

I experienced that on a 4/600 board (only AUI).

Question: Should ifconfig ignore a media choice if there is none or
should install not request a media choice which can not be made?

Harald.