Subject: Network Interface
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Craig Beasland <craig@hotmix.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/24/1999 18:26:05
Hi there,

First time for me on NetBSD, but I have some experience with FreeBSD.  After
making the install floppy and booting from it, it asks me how to install, so
I choose FTP and then try to configure the network.

I would like to know what sort of Media type I need to choose.

I have a lance based network card, le0, I set the IP, Gateway and DNS
settings, and then it tries to ping the machines and nothing.

Under SunOS the card works OK and I can FTP, but there is no mention of the
Media type when I do an ifconfig.  When I shell out and try ifconfig
manually, I also cant get it working - the problem seems to be that I have
10baseT adapter that allows me to plug in RJ45 twisted pair cable where the
only slot on the sun is a 15 point connector.

I have searched around at dejanews and looked through the mailing list
archives but cant find anything that seems to match - any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Craig