Subject: Re: Newbie with some questions is searching for Hardware
To: Michael Moll <kvedulv@kvedulv.chiemgau.com>
From: Matthew Ross Davis <mrd@metatronpress.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/21/1999 19:27:20
> Can I interact with the Station e.g. through a serial terminal?

Sure, that's in fact how I installed netbsd on my sparc2. When you boot it,
just make sure there's not a keyboard plugged in so the PROM will know to send
the output to ttya.

> Can I install NetBSD _and_ Linux parallel on this machine?

Well, I can attest already that netbsd runs SO MUCH BETTER on this old sparc
hardware than linux did (at least Redhat anyway). I imagine you could do this,
but I don't really see why you'd want to.

--
| | m - a - t - t - h - e - w | r - o - s - s | d - a - v - i - s | |