Subject: Newbie with some questions is searching for Hardware
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Moll <kvedulv@kvedulv.chiemgau.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/21/1999 21:30:34
Warning: This is a message in MIME format. Your mail reader does not
support MIME. Some parts of this message will be readable as plain text.
To see the rest, you will need to upgrade your mail reader. Following are
some URLs where you can find MIME-capable mail programs for common platforms:

  Amiga............: YAM          http://www.yam.ch/
  Unix.............: Metamail     ftp://ftp.bellcore.com/nsb/
  Windows/Macintosh: Eudora       http://www.qualcomm.com/

General info about MIME can be found at:

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/mail/mime-faq/top.html

--BOUNDARY.2017855136.8

Hi there,

some hours ago I got a SparcStation 2(great machine!) with SunGX-Framebuffer
and keyboard but without Monitor and floppy.

Now I have some questions:
Can I interact with the Station e.g. through a serial terminal?
Can I install NetBSD _and_ Linux parallel on this machine?

I´m also searching for hardware. Has anybody
a monitor
a floppy-drive
Memory-modules
a mechanical mouse or
a new mousepad for the optical one?

Please keep prices low as I´m a poor student.

SeeYa
--
 Fax  :  +49 89 66617 26912

--BOUNDARY.2017855136.8--