Subject: corrupt/depleted pty's?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Ross Davis <mrd@metatronpress.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/20/1999 16:34:30
Hi folks!

I'm brand new to running NetBSD, because I decided it was the best, most
efficient and stable OS to run on my old Sparc2 with 64MB RAM. So far I've had
wonderful success with the installation and running of the box, but now I seem
to have a problem. I looked through the archives, and didn't see an answer
anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here.

When telnetting to the box, I get:

	telnetd: All network ports in use.

And even when SSH-ing to the box:

	Warning: Remote host failed or refused to allocate a pseudo tty.

Reading some on dejanews, I see this is caused by the system having either
corrupted pseudo terminals, or that more need to be made. The confusing thing
is that there aren't that many users on the box, but one of them does seem to
be using the last pseudo terminal (/dev/ptypf).

Anyone experienced this problem, or have a fix?

Thanks,
matthew

--
| | m - a - t - t - h - e - w | r - o - s - s | d - a - v - i - s | |