Subject: Re: sun4/110: kernel panic during netboot
To: None <eclipse@sirio.iet.unipi.it>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/19/1999 18:00:39
[snip]

   EEPROM boot device...sd(0,0,0)

   Does anybody know why? Does my sun miss a device the generic kernel is looking
   for?
   And, BTW, does anybody know why my framebuffer displays almost nothing (just the
   flashing grid i said before), even when i set it on the NVRAM as the primary
   console (addr.0x1f = 0x12) ?
   PN: the diags find no p4 device and no screen, but the original proms have been
   lost (and replaced with version 1.8) and i don't know if this revision is full
   compatible w/this board version.

   Thank you in advance
   Orazio Sottile

I also have a 4/110.  I did manage to get it to net boot with a 1.4C
kernel.  However, the 'sw' SCSI driver seems messed up and any attempts to
use a disk with it caused a kernel panic [DMA problems.  Attempting to
turn off DMA didn't help any].  I have not had time to try it lately.

Other then that, I am afraid I don't know much more.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]