Subject: Re: Solbourne CPUs to give away (fwd)
To: James Garnett <garnett@bogus.cs.colorado.edu>
From: Christian Johansson <cjn@isd.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/13/1999 10:08:56
> > Qty 2   Solbourne Series 5/500 Chassis CPU I/O Video 64MB RAMea
> > Qty 1   Solbourne Series 4/500 Chassis CPU I/O Video 32MB RAM
> > Qty 1   Solbourne Model 810 SCSI Expansion Unit
>
> These are kbus machines, so no, NetBSD won't run on them.  The only thing
> they run is OS/MP.
>
> There is basic initial support for them, I believe, but nobody has ever
> been motivated enough to finish it.

How much more work would it be to finish it? I have 2 series 900
machines here: one with 6 33Mhz cpu's and one with 4 50Mhz cpu's.
Both have 768Mb of RAM. They currently run OS/MP 4.1C but I would
love to see NetBSD run on them...

...I anyone here in Stockholm/Sweden is interested I could probably
dig up another machine with about the same specs.

/Chris