Subject: Re: NetBSD on Tadpole 3gx update.
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/10/1999 20:01:01
At 09:35 AM 8/10/99 , Tim Rightnour wrote:
>A question for anyone.. has anyone tried to use the external video hookup with
>this thing?  I had thought about replacing my xterm at work with this little
>guy.. but looking through the 9100 source, it hardcodes the 800x600
>resolution..  At work I have a big 21" monitor.  Ideally I would run the video
>in 1152x900 or somesuch, and display to the big monitor, and then run 800x600
>when going "solo"..

Eventually, but right now the driver is relying on Tadpole's OpenProm to do the
initialization.  /dev/fb doesn't include a method of swapping resolution and/or
bpp, and I'd rather have the driver do it so it knows how to restore things
before returning control to the OpenProm console.  There are a couple of Forth
words for 1152x900 and other resolutions.  It would be nice to know what
they contain (if anything) for timings (hint, hint)