Subject: Problems with "le" interface of a SPARCStation LX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/1999 22:45:10
	Hello,

today I installed NetBSD 1.4.1 on SPARCStation LX via network sucessfully.
When I tried to log into the fresh installed system I found out that there
is some kind of strange network problem:

1.) The light of the hub port to which the LX is connected via the on board
    ethernet interface is not active although "ifconfig le0" says that there
    is a 10UTP carrier.
2.) The LX can ping every other host. It even can boot via NFS and transfer
    the complete 1.4.1 binary distribution to the local harddisk.
3.) No other host can ping the LX by default.
4.) If I "telnet" from the LX to another host this host can ping the LX
    with high packet loss.

Has anybody an idea what could be the reason for this problem? Is the
onboard ethernet broken or is this a driver problem?

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                            http://www.sighardstrasse.de/~tron/