Subject: Re: SparcStation 20 CPU-problem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@zeus.camaronet.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/06/1999 23:22:35
Hi !

> >      U-NUMBER : Suspect Viking Module
>
> I've seen this only one time on a sparc20 here, and the CPU module was
> effectively dead.
> Any chance to get a module from another sparc20, just to test ?

Sometimes it was the board, sometimes it was the CPU module. I think the only
way to find it out and to save this nice box from trash is to beep through all
MBus pins with a multimeter. I don't have access to such a CPU :-(

Thanks anyway, i'll try to do something, otherwise i keep the modules.
(64 MB RAM modules, TurboGX+ and something with Cheapernet and SCSI)

so long... Michael