Subject: Re: How to get to -current, when everything is broken =]
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/06/1999 18:12:22
On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 12:53:01PM -0700, Gandhi woulda smacked you wrote:
> Hey, do you suppose we could build a mechanism into the build procedure
> where if you replace something on which other programs depend, it could
> stuff a _REBUILD_ME file into the source directory of the dependents?
>
> I could do it, but it'd probably be an egregious hack.

Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

But why doesn't the touching of the rebuilt dependancy suffice? What does
a _REBUILD_ME solve that date deps don't?

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,