Subject: Re: 3gx X NetBSD effort: BUGO Labs
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: James Garnett <garnett@bogus.cs.colorado.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/1999 17:10:34
...and meanwhile back in Gotham City, Matt Thomas (matt) wrote:

> At 11:08 PM 7/30/99 , Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > > The p9100 also has an XFree86 driver, IIRC, so info is available there,
> > > too.
> >
> >Yep. I've already sent what I found to James Garnett (the guy in Boulder, CO
> >who has an attachment for the 3gx modem giving probe messages already):
>
> I could of sworn that me who submitted the config file and modem com_obio
> attachment.

Indeed, it was -- I didn't figure anyone else was working on it, so I
just did my own.  I just now decided to read my netbsd mail, and saw
the p9100 stuff, so I grabbed the -current and surprise! there was your
com_obio driver.  About the only difference is that you used major number
36, whereas I used 33... since they're close to identical, I suppose I
won't bother submitting my driver... er, then again, I just tried to
open and access the device under the newly compiled kernel, and it doesn't
appear to be working -- at least, that is, if it is talking to the modem,
it won't enter command mode.  Hmm.  And it attaches it as a 16550a, which
definitely shouldn't be happening.  Another hmm.  So I guess the obvious
question is, did you get your com_obio interface working on a tadpole?

~james