Subject: Re: pre- netbsd 1.4.1 build available for testing.
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Martin Sillence <M.Sillence@ftel.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/22/1999 10:47:22
Hiya,

matthew green wrote:

> hi folks.
>
> i have a pre-release NetBSD/sparc 1.4.1 binary set available for
> installation testing, etc.  this includes correctly functional
> floppy installers (both the old installer and sysinst).

Boot floppies work on an IPX there was a problem with nfs ( The system I
tried it against was a patched Linux box that worked with the final
installation )
It replied fill too big or some message like that when I tried to access
any files on the nfs mounted directory but ls worked OK. You may want to
confirm this with another setup if you think its needs fixing.
BTW is there ment to be install scrips on the floppies? If there is
their not there.

ftp worked well and got the miniroot which enabled me to install.  (the
previous 1.4 miniroot didn't boot on the IPX's?)

I've not played much with it but it runs up X, nfs mounts and does stuff
:) - oh and most importantly fits in thoes patheticly small 200Meg disks
:))

Thanks,