Subject: Re: net installing to an IPX
To: Martin Sillence <M.Sillence@ftel.co.uk>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/21/1999 13:47:39
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Martin Sillence wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess I haven't explained properly.
>
> I have set up tftp, boot prarmd and nfs
> The binaries are in /export/root
> The tftp boot file gets loaded then instigates a nfs mount to get the
> kernel.
> I symlinked the kernel in /export/root as it was looking for a different
> name from the one extracted from the kernel in sets.
>
> Then I see the kernel messages and it panics on /sbin/init which is
> definatly in /export/root/sbin/init
> I was guessing that its mounting /export/root as /export/root and this /
> has no sbin off it?

What does the stack trace look like? If you get dropped into the debugger,
type "t" at that point. Also, what do the messages look like just before
it? You should have seen some "root is ..." messages which indicate
exactly where root's mounted from.

Also, showmount <nfs server> should show all the mounts of your server's
fs's. It should tell you what the server thinks the client mounted.

Take care,

Bill