Subject: Re: sucessful build of a new SLC kernel, but no mouse in X ? +docs
To: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/21/1999 15:27:01
On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 02:11:15PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Hmmm... I was thinking about adding another switch by modifying the
> standard switch to be the switch for the tube and to add a extra swich for
> the electronics. But I don't have a schema. Could this be posible? Or the
> other way around? An extra swich between the 220 v and the power-converter
> for the high-voltage stuff for the monitor?

Well, I tried to just disconnect the monitor part in a ELC chassis, because
it was useless anyway. This resulted in a nice white smoke from the alim
part. I think I had the screen's power-converter disconnected from the
220v. Anyway this is not a straitforward operation :)
It seems that the power supply will not do the rigth thing if not loaded
enouth.
The CPU board is still functionnal though, I guess I could hook it up
in a PC case ...