Subject: net installing to an IPX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Sillence <M.Sillence@ftel.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/21/1999 10:43:18
Hi,

I have a PC running Linux and was trying to do a boot net install.
I patched the kernel so it now supports nfs V3 and the installation ends
after nfs mounting the kernel and panics when it trys to run /sbin/init.

Just to be sure it wasn't the nfs which was a problem I tied exporting
from solaris also on the PC.

Looking at the docs and guessing I assume I need to export root with the
sparc binaries in?
I don't see how I can do this as I need /sbin and /lib to contain x86
bins for the pc and sparc bins for the sparc. There must be some way to
do a boot net install from another OS / architecture?
Am I missing something here. The nice html pages don't mention this and
the install.txt does suggest you have to export / ?

Thanks in advance,