Subject: Re: Looking for info before I buy
To: Steven Grunza <steven.grunza@dgms.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/13/1999 23:09:58
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Steven Grunza wrote:
>Some places don't have SS10's but they do have SS20's.  Where is the
>best place to find the difference between these machines and the best
>prices for them?  Thanks for the info.

  There aren't many real differences between the 10 and the 20...memory is
getting fuzzy, but I believe the Mbus clock is 50MHz vs. 40, Sbus clock is 25MHz
vs. 20 IIRC, weird SCA SCSI vs. standard SCSI2 in the 10,and a few other minor
things.  In my experience the SS20 is nowhere near as reliable as the SS10, so
I'd say the '10 is a better value overall.

                      -Dave McGuire