Subject: Looking for info before I buy
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven.grunza@dgms.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/13/1999 18:40:29
Sorry for this being somewhat off-topic but if I get my way, this
machine will eventually run NetBSD-sparc....

I have a lot of experience with the SPARCstation 1.  My company is
looking to buy a SPARCstation 10 (or better) since we need >64 MB of
RAM and a bigger disk (about 2 GB or more).

I'm seeing ridiculous prices for the disk drive ($300+ for 2 GB).  My
experience with the SS1 is that _ANY_ SCSI drive will work as long as
it is 8-bits wide, single ended, and uses a 2x25 pin header for the
data cable.

Some places don't have SS10's but they do have SS20's.  Where is the
best place to find the difference between these machines and the best
prices for them?  Thanks for the info.

PS
  We're looking to spend about $700 US.

Steven Grunza				Hardware Engineer
mailto:grunza@ulticom.com		Ulticom
voice:	(856) 787 - 2759    		1020 Briggs Road
fax:	(856) 866 - 2033			Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
cubicle:	K6
flames: /dev/null
Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about with whom it makes
friends.