Subject: Re: How to make partitions
To: Oliver Schuler <OliverSchuler@swol.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/08/1999 13:07:23
On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Oliver Schuler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got the following question:
>     How can I make the Partitions for NetBSD on an SS IPC.
>     I have no old Solaris HD wich has partitions discribed in the
>     INSTALLATION doc.
>
>     I've booted with a boot disk and it works so far.

	Have you tried the 'syboot-14.fs' disk - sysinst should
	handle (simple) partitioning for you.

> And another question.
> What kind of RAM do I need to expand the Memory (I only have 8MB).
> Can I use nomal (CHEAP) SIMS ?

	1 or 4MB 9bit 30pin parity SIMMS, 100ns or faster, in banks
	of 4.
	You might want to check out the Sun Hardware FAQ or
	other sites (see http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/faq.html)

		David/absolute

    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde