Subject: Re: Error using smail on 1.3.3
To: Kevin Tsang <kevin@kevcom.on.ca>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/02/1999 22:24:02
On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 02:50:56PM -0400, Kevin Tsang wrote:
> I'm running smail-3.2.0.101 (and tried 106), but I cannot redirect
> anything using a pipe.  The error follows.
>
> Kevin
>
> |------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
>  Xfail: <"|/bin/cat>/dev/null"> parent: <<garbage@kevcom.on.ca>> reason: (ERR144) transport pipe: child returned status EX_OSFILE (72)
>  owner-garbage ... unknown user
>  "|/bin/cat>/dev/null" ... transport pipe: child returned status EX_OSFILE (72)

I don't know this particular one, but the smail mailing list would
probably net you an answer. Is it trying to run the /bin/cat command
as a user 'owner-garbage' that doesn't exist?

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,