Subject: Re: SPARCclassic-X _almost_ works.
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/01/1999 22:52:25
On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 12:26:57PM -0700, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Tried to boot 1.4 on a SPARCclassic-X. Its booting from a local
> 	disk (once you set the boot-from to /iommu/dma/espdma/esp/... etc)

> 	Anyone have any thoughts on how I might debug this?

I have a Classic-X that I have never had any problems running NetBSD on.

It's been turned off for some months now, though, so I haven't tried
e.g. 1.4.

I think the -X needs some firmware magick (that mine had been subjected
to when I got it), but I am not sure exactly what.

Have you had it running before or is the problem just with 1.4?

--
Soren