Subject: Re: Fresh NetBSD/sparc snapshot
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Yoo <pyoo@mipos2.intel.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/1999 02:06:10
Now, I've done some more testing.

netboot seems to be much happier, since I was able to boot - was able to see
all the kernel messages and so on.  I was able to boot up single-user mode
over the net - server being x86 NetBSD box.

Now, boot floppy also boots up fine, and I actually went ahead and install
19990620 snapshot again with the boot-floppy and I'm getting a bit different
error message :

Rebooting with command : netbsd.GENERIC -s
Boot device: /sbus/esp@0,800000/sd@0,0   File and args: netbsd.GENERIC -s
>> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.8
>> (pk@flambard, Sat May  8 21:54:06 MEST 1999)
Booting netbsd.GENERIC @ 0x4000
Bad format
Program terminated

Previously install was done with booting up with 1.3.2(?) disk then installing
the snapshot onto a spare disk(sd1) running netboot/install.sh then rebooting
the machine with the new drive.  This time, it went further but not too much.

Now, I can still boot up with 19990620 boot-floppy to access the disk but I
don't really know how to fix this.

Does anyone know what's wrong with my IPX machine?

Thank you.

	Peter.