Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.4: DHCP setup
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/25/1999 22:44:52
On Jun 16, 11:46am, Ted Lemon wrote:
}
} > How do you dhcpd to give a client a fixed address based on either the
} > hostname, or the dhcp-client-identifier (preferably the hostname)?
}
} You write a host declaration, and within that a hardware declaration
} or an "option dhcp-client-identifier ...;" statement, and also a
} fixed-address declaration.   For example:
}
} host foo {
}   hardware ethernet 8:0:20:10:1d:55;
}   fixed-address 10.0.0.18;
} }
}
} or
}
} host bar {
}   option dhcp-client-identifier 1:8:0:20:10:1d:55;
}   fixed-address 10.0.0.18;
} }

     Okay.  But, what if I want to make the fixed-address be based on
the hostname (option 12 in the DHCPREQUEST message)?  Can I just do:

host baz {
  option hostname "alphabeta";
  fixed-address 10.0.0.18;
}