Subject: sparc elf problems: so far :)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/22/1999 21:58:35
ok, so here are my problems so far:

	- my new sshd doesn't work on my original SS2 elf machine
	  (same binaries as all my other sparcs now), but it does
	  on my main SS2.  the child-sshd dumps core shortly after
	  forking my shell (SIGBUS), logging me out.

	- remote cvs to said main SS2 now returns (via ssh):

cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Segmentation fault (core dumped)' from cvs server

	- perl5.00404 fails 2 tests.  `use POSIX;' and locale.  i
	  assume that the POSIX failure is due to the fact that the
	  below fails:

		% cat > a.c
		void main() { exit(0); }
		^D
		% cc a.c -lposix
		% ./a.out

	  with a SEGV.  apparently this is due to problems
	  relocating libposix.so, but i don't know anything
	  personally.  the locale test i have no idea about.

oh, and having a ELF /bin/tcsh makes shell completion shiny
happy once again.  yay :-)