Subject: wheel mouse?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/1999 15:15:45
I was thrilled to recently find that the wheel on my wheel mouse could be
made to work on NetBSD-1.4/i386 and decided to try on my sparc as well.  I
have a sun interface converter box, (Sun P/N 370-2068-01) which allows me
to connect a PS/2 keyboard and a PS/2 mouse to my sparc.  Actually you can
connect 2 mice at once, 1 sun  and 1 PS/2.  So anyway, the keyboard works
great (Kinesis keyboard).  I can use either mouse, but wheel motion
doesn't seem to do anything.  I've been looking at the output of 'xev' to
see if the wheel did anything.

So it looks like in the i386 kernel config file, the key things were

pmsi*           at pckbc?       # PS/2 "Intelli"mouse for wsmouse
wsmouse*        at pmsi?

and

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "wsmouse"
   Device          "/dev/wsmouse0"
   ZAxisMapping    4 5
EndSection

in /etc/XF86Config

Anyway, I didn't see any wscons stuff in the sparc config file.

Any idea where I might proceed with getting the wheel to go?

Thanks

-Dan