Subject: Anyone know a good place to start an Sbus driver?
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven.grunza@dgms.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/15/1999 12:29:02
I need to write a real simple device driver to access a device on the
Sbus (it's a proprietary card.)  I can probably get the interface
documents for the card (but can't share them :) so my next hurdle is
how to talk directly to the Sbus.

This code is more of a "prove NetBSD can be used to talk to this type
of Sbus card" rather than a "production" piece of code, although; the
better the code looks, the better NetBSD will look.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the alternative is buying
SunOS/Solaris (for which drivers already exist).

I've done device driver development in OS-9/OS-9000 so I have a clue
as to what needs doing, I just don't know how to do it the "NetBSD
(a.k.a. correct)" way. :)

Steven Grunza				Hardware Engineer
mailto:steven_grunza@ieee.org		Ulticom
voice:	(856) 787 - 2759    		1020 Briggs Road
fax:	(856) 866 - 2033			Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
flames: /dev/null
Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about with whom it makes
friends.