Subject: Strange 1.4 install problem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Lorenzo Cavassa <Lorenzo.Cavassa@ALPcom.IT>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/07/1999 10:38:46
Hi,

i got problems installing NetBSD 1.4 on a SS5 where i have installed NetBSD
1.3.3 without problems.
As i read in the INSTALL file, i dd miniroot-14.fs on /dev/rsd0b (swap),
partition then halted and rebooted the system.
The first time all seems to run fine: i can partition the disk ( 8
partitions ) and configure the network to ftp'ing the installation sets.
The install procedure stops after the install of binary sets.
I rebooted the system and retried to install from scratch: the install script
abort with an error ('unexpected...') after the disklabeling.
Looking at the install script code, it seems corrupted (binary characters)
after line 227.
I tried several times more, but the problem persist and the script abort
always at the same line.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

Lorenzo