Subject: Re: X11 options for Tadpole 3gx ??
To: None <matthieu@laas.fr>
From: None <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/04/1999 09:12:51
Matthieu Herrb wrote:
]
] You wrote (in your message from Friday 4)
]  > If anyone has done some research into getting X support on the tadpole 3's,
]  > I would love to hear from you. I'm hoping that there's an easier route to X
]  > than hacking XFree86 4.0-beta in a month or so.
]  >
]
] You should be able to use the Xsun server from their Solaris
] distribution under SVR4 emulation. If it doesn't work out of the box,
] it's probably easier to fix the SVR4 emulation in NetBSD than to write
] a driver for their board.

Heh,
Wasn't the first X servers on the sparc port SunOS compiled?
(Due to quirks in getting it compiled and the fact that our SunOS emulation
was better than Solaris' [#-)

-=erik.

--
Hack the Media.                                       Life is an illusion.