Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.4: DHCP setup
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@netboss.cdn.telstra.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/1999 10:44:05
> some other client?   The only lease you should write into the
> /etc/dhclient.conf file is a faked-up lease for a subnet that has no
> DHCP service, and on which you have been officially assigned an IP
> address.

I did say "based" :-)  The IP address, netmask and router etc were all
modified to match what the machine originally had - so I know they
work and not covered by the DHCP server.

I actually expected it to not find the DHCP server (didn't think it
was connected to this sub-net) and fall back to the static lease.

--sjg