Subject: be error message?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/17/1999 19:15:52
I just switched over to 1.4 on Saturday, and after some bumpiness (I perfer
the tar method of installation) I think I have it working. However, on boot
this turns up:
qec0 at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x20000: 128K memory
be0 at qec0 slot 0 offset 0x0 level 4 (ipl 5) rev 1 address
08:00:20:0b:d9:12
be_tcvr_init: MGMTPAL=fff8<INT_MDIO>
The last line worries me. I don't understand it at all. Is it an error
message or what?
I get that same message anytime I try to ifconfig an ip# for the be0.
Also, ifconfig be0 gives the following:
be0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT half-duplex)
        status: no carrier
Now, there's a cable plugged into the 10baseT port. The cable is plugged
into the hub. However, the little light which is supposed to be on when the
thing plugged into it is is not on. I know the cable is good. Any ideas?

TIA
--
-Simon Raahauge DeSantis