Subject: NFS not responding and freezes
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/1999 23:31:35
>                                   Thu May 13 23:13:17 1999
>                                                makoto@ki.nu
>                                                Chiba, Japan
In "le0: dropping chained buffer" mail, I wrote
m>                                 Honestly speaking I have another
m> NFS problem which I will write separately, but this NFS problem
m> existed at old network either.

The same environment I have written just before,
SS-10 + SS-2   both running 1.4_BETA, connected to the same HUB.

SS-10 exports /export/home and both machines mount it to
/automount/home with amd setup.

If I type
ls -l *
grep -i xxxx *
  on NFS mounted directory where many files exist, NFS server get
stucked and saying NFS server SS-10 not responding, and SS-10
freezes. Cursor moves on X Window system, but if I type 'sync', no
response there.  I can even say exitting from FVWM window manager,
and actually window seems get closed. But I did not get console
prompt. Filled by root window color and no response.

The same thing happened with 1.3.3 x 2 release.

This problem is very serious, not to mention. Could anybody advice
me how to figure out ?
---
(Makoto Fujiwara)