Subject: Re: 1.3.3 Binaries Don't Execute on 1.4
To: Graham Jenkins <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/13/1999 11:48:11
> Alternatively, I have been told that I need a 'compat1.3' package - but
> I can't find a binary installable package for that either.  Can someone
> please advise where I should look.

I have added the `compat12' and `compat13' package to the 1.4 package
repository in

	ftp.netbsd.org:/~ftp/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.4/sparc

Note: you would need to install these packages only if you've done
a fresh 1.4 install and you want to run pre-1.4 executables that
the compatibility libraries. If you choose the upgrade option, the
necessary libraries should be retained on your system.