Subject: Re: SS2 with SS5 SCSI HDD?
To: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
From: Stephen B. Salai <bsalai@rochester.rr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/09/1999 09:24:07
Harald Barth wrote:

> > Is anyone familiar with the internal centronics scsi connectors that were
> > used on SS5's?  I have an SS2 with a 400mb HDD and I want to slap a 1.2Gb
> > drive that came out of an old SS5 on, but I don't have any way of connecting
> > the disk to the chain.
>
> I've seen adapters, but in your case the adapter might be relative
> expensive. Suggestion: Find a SS5 owner to trade with.
>
> Harald.

Or, even more fun, find an SS5.

The connector on the SS5 disk is called SCA, (it includes the power
connections) so what you need is an SCA--50 pin adaptor. I don't have
one, but I've seen em mentioned, and for sale from time to time. As
usual, if you need one, it will be hard to fine, and expensive ;(

Brad