Subject: Re: problems with an ipx
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/29/1999 09:59:33
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:

# On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Gandhi woulda smacked you wrote:
#
# > ...and then keep a close eye on your logs, although a watchdog reset
# > doesn't log, I think ...
#
# That's presuming you have version 2 or 3 PROMs.  If you do then you can
# get lots more information.  Do a `ctrace' and record the output.  You
# should get something like this:
#
# Unfortunately I don't think the older PROMs are this useful.
#

I have never met a SPARCstation IPX with a PROM revision lower than 2.x.
He should be fine.

				--*greywolf;
--
Solaris 2 is not an upgrade from Solaris 1.  They just want you to THINK it is.