Subject: RE: Making a bootable tape for a SPARCstation
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven.grunza@dgms.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/22/1999 13:04:44
For the record, I did the following commands from NetBSD-1.3

  mt rewind
  dd if=miniroot-14_ALPHA.fs of=/dev/rst0 bs=5120
  halt

  Then from the PROM monitor did:

  boot tape
  - result "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable."

  boot st(,0,2)netbsd
  - result "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

  boot st(0,0,1)
 - result "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable

Any suggestions?  I don't have a SunOS tape from which to boot.  I would
also like to avoid using a SunOS tape since I don't really have a valid
license to use it......

Steven G.